Sub at SBPS

We are now accepting applications for certified substitute teachers. Contact Nebraska Department of Education for an application or to answer questions regarding requirements for certification (402-471-2295 or see link below). Those who hold a Nebraska valid and current teaching or substitute certificate can apply online by visiting our job board and choosing Certified Substitute Teacher. You will need to provide your NE certificate, driver's license, and social security card.

Why Sub??

New Compensation

New Compensation for Substitute Teachers takes effect in August 2024.

Days Worked

Daily Rate







SBPS Certificated Staff Contracted 4+ years


Everyday Subs



Interested in getting your permit?